Friday, February 13, 2009

The Day That Barely Happened

Warning: This post is written at 9 pm on Friday night, or 1pm central time. If you want to read about Thursday (2/13) it is the post before. This concerns Friday the 13th!!!!

___________________________________________________________________

Sooo.... Yeah. hahaha. Today has been a slow day, which is nice. It has allowed me to catch up on my natural sleep/writing schedule. But I will inevitably get off track again, I'm sure. hahaha.

But yeah, so I got in late from the ESN party last night, and so I went to bed. Got up at 10:30 to head to a meeting of the Russian language faculty and information on the trip to St Petersburg. So I stopped by this pastry shop on the town square, which has become my breakfast destination now. I used to get an omelet at the pub downstairs, but now i can get pastries for $0.70. Mmmm, morning delight... So I picked up a couple, determined to not get lost and be early, which is supposedly on-time for Estonians.

Well, I get there waay to early. So I end up walking around to take up time, so I wasn't lost, but I was using the same energy. Ugh. Whatever. hahaha. It was a beautiful morning, and I really enjoyed just walking around. And I found my house. Seriously, I want this house built wherever I end up. Saweet. I will take pictures of it next time I'm in that neighborhood. Anyway.

Meeting occurs, and they don't tell us anything new. We got all the same information at Orientation. Although, I did get to speak with my Russian professor, and I'm going to sample the two Russian courses for international students to see which one I fit into, and if I need a special fit, I will check out the Russian courses for Estonian students. Eeek! But based off course descriptions, I think I will be in the 'advanced' course. But we will see. That course is more individual work, but that's what a language course is. So whatever. That's for next week to decide. Yay!

Then I went with Maaike (Netherlands) and Vittorio (Italy) to Crepps.... to have a crepe. Mmm crepes... ham, cheese, and mushroom on a salted crepe. Delicious addition to my pastries. BUT they made me tired. So I went back to my room and napped....

Overslept my alarm, and I missed the remaining daylight. So I couldn't do my run today. So in punishment, I am not going out tonight, in order to reinforce good habits. Luckily, tonight was cooking a big dinner on the hall. So I was given half a kilo of rice to cook... Then we had 1.5 kilos of rice, some excellently cooked meat (still not sure what kind... Estonian labeling gets in the way sometimes), and several salads. It was delicious!! So it may have worked out for the best that way... except for the missed run. That was not for the best. Dang it!

Oh well. I will get up early tomorrow morning and run, so I can make it for our Valentine's Day sledding event!! I'm excited. Weee!

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment