Monday, February 9, 2009

Fun Day?

So today was beyond bizarre...

Didn't sleep well, so I was afraid for the day... But I had errands to run, so no time to think otherwise. First order of business, open a bank account. I went to open my account, and it took some time, but it was somewhat depressing sitting there. As I was filling out the information for my account, Katy Perry's "Hot & Cold" and t.A.T.u.'s "They're Not Gonna Get Us" was playing in the background. So it was just whining America pop in the background. I felt so bad as to what actually makes it across the Atlantic...

But then I head to class, but I arrive early. Estonians are very punctual, and I'm cool with that. So I show up 15 minutes early. Then it's 5 minutes past and there's only two other students alongside me. I then walk to the secretary's office, and my class has been cancelled. So my first day of school didn't exist. And I had a two hour hole in my day. And Tartu is a slow place, and I didn't have anything to do. hahaha.

So then I called Coach Lemberg and set up a meeting. He's an extremely nice man and very accommodation. The facilities at Tartu are AWESOME. I will have to post pictures eventually. But if I understood him correctly, the indoor track has a light system that helps you keep pace every 5 meters. That would be beyond awesome!!! But I could have misunderstood. Yet either way, tomorrow night I'm meeting him there, and we're going to get all my identification finalized and make me an athlete. Wee! And then I'm going to "run a few workouts" to let him get an idea of where I am. I have no idea what this means. And I haven't run in about 6 days, so I'm very worried... We'll see?

Then we went out to dinner to the Balkan place. Very disappointing. Food wasn't amazing (definitely not worth price for the amount/quality). And it was a ridiculous ordeal trying to get the ticket for a table of 19 paid for. Ridiculous. But a nice evening out, and I got to interact with the French members of the community, which I hadn't done yet. I enjoyed them a lot.

But now I sleep in anticipation of my first class in Estonia (please?) and a "meeting" with Lemberg and the attempt of finalizing all of my information with Annika. How exciting! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment